Valentine’s Day is over and the chocolate gifts have left their mark on the couch…If you’re looking for a way to remove chocolate stains from upholstery, here’s a tip you can try!
- Using a scraping tool, carefully scrape any remaining chocolate pieces of flakes off the upholstery. Avoid scrubbing, as this may rub any remaining pieces deep into the fabric.
- Wash the area with a warm soapy cloth. As you massage the stain, it should start to gradually lighten.
- Pat the area dry using a dry towel.
- If the chocolate stain is still visible, take enough corn meal to cover the area and apply it to the upholstery. This will help absorb the stain and any excess moisture.
- After letting the corn meal sit and absorb any remaining stain residue, gently brush the corn meal off the upholstery using a towel or scraper.
The stain should have disappeared or lightened after performing these steps. If there is still visible discoloring, try following with an upholstery cleaner.
Logan’s Carpet Cleaners does offer professional cleaning that can remove chocolate stains from upholstery . Free Estimates – Give Us A Call Today 407-344-9050